Thursday, October 25, 2012

Healing service down south

Testimony from 10-14-12
        How awesome!  Sunday was a hit!  God is so good.  I originally went down south to help out with family matters and a great ministry opportunity arose out of it.  While traveling through Georgea we stopped to visit some wonderful family members.  We decided to go to church with them on Sunday.  I elected to go to the Sunday school also.  At the end of Sunday school I talked to the pastor a little more in depth.  Pastor Richard was so gracious.  He decided to invite me to preach during the evening service.  Praise God.  Service was just wonderful.  I preached out of Ps.5:12  Jn.11:25  Lk.24:44-47  Mr.16:15 and Heb.13:8.  Hebrews 13:8 says;
"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."
        God's healing power was in manifestation.  Actually my first call was for the salvation of the soul.  Nobody came forward.  However, I think I was obedient.  Sometimes we do what God calls us to do and leave it at that.  However, there were many great healing testimonies.  People reported healing in knees, hips, back pain, ect.  Several people reported 'feeling good' or feeling heat at the point of their body that was in need.  That is often a very common manifestation of God's power.  I also began to pray and give prophetic words to people coping with things like anxiety, fear, and depression.  One elderly man came forward for prayer.  He couldn't walk very well.  After prayer I told him to lift his legs and walk normally.  As he did this there were gasps and 'wow' kind of expressions in the room.  He reported being able to walk like he had not been able in 2 years.  Another interesting thing about this service was that it was the first stateside preaching engagement I have had outside of Michigan.  It was also the first stateside Baptist church I had ever preached out of (to my recollection).  Thank God so much for His exceedingly great grace at Drayton Baptist Church!

Marcus Martin
Salvation Power Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment